Monday, March 17, 2014

Best Tenant Request for a Preventative Maintenance Inspection

I had a tenant stop by on Friday that asked for me to schedule a Preventative Maintenance Inspection (PMI) on the property. This is pretty odd as usually the owner wants the results of this inspection, not the tenant. He said that a new leak may have formed under the kitchen sink. I told Mr.February (my new name for him) that we could open the old work order and send a vendor out to look at the problem. He then told me what he really wanted. His girlfriend had sort of moved in to his house and she won't go home. He wants us to do a PMI so that he can tell her later that we saw her there and that she is not on the lease. This just cracked me up. I offered to send an official notice to perform or quit and showed him the form. He loved the idea. He wants his man cave back, but just doesn't have the heart to tell her. I hope it works Mr. February. That is why we are here 7 days a week to serve you.

No comments:

New rental scam from inhome618@outlook.com

A new rental scam involving one of our new rental properties. Scammer posted on Craigslist. This home really rents for $2795. Another too go...